The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How to add a project to an existing perspective? [A: see thread.] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
How can I add an additional project to an existing perspective? I have a perspective made up of ~10 projects that I'm working on this month. I need to add another. Is there a way to do so without writing down all the projects within the perspective, viewing all projects, and manually selecting all 10 + 1, and saving as the existing perspective?

Searched unsuccessfully in the forum for answers.

Save Window As... will overwrite the chosen perspective with the current updates. Show that perspective, change it by adding a new project, then use the menu item Save Window As... and select the same perspective.

Last edited by pjb; 2013-01-11 at 02:58 PM.. Reason: Spelling

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjb View Post
Save Window As... will overright the choses perspective with the current updates. Show that perspective, change it by adding a new project, then use the menu item Save Window As... and select the same perspective.
Is it possible to unfocus the view so that all projects in the perspective are highlighted to the right, cmd-click a new project, focus and save as the same perspective?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rutilate View Post
Is it possible to unfocus the view so that all projects in the perspective are highlighted to the right, cmd-click a new project, focus and save as the same perspective?
If I'm understanding your request correctly, a "Select All" in the sidebar should survive subsequently selecting "Show All Projects" from the view menu. Other projects will appear, but your selection will be preserved.

You can then Command-Click the new project, re-focus, and save the perspective.

Does that help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
If I'm understanding your request correctly, a "Select All" in the sidebar should survive subsequently selecting "Show All Projects" from the view menu. Other projects will appear, but your selection will be preserved.

You can then Command-Click the new project, re-focus, and save the perspective.

Does that help?
And we have a winner! Perfect. Thank you.