The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Can you control behavior when you complete a task? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I was wondering whether you can in OF for Mac specify where the cursor goes when you complete a task. The reason that I ask is that if I have long list of tasks open in a window, with various levels of hierarchy, if I'm deep in the hierarcy and complete the task, the cursor will often (always?) jump to the top of window. I would prefer to be able to have the cursor jump just to the enclosing level of the hierarchy (most local scope). Is this possible? I find it annoying and distracting to have to scroll back to the previous location, possibly more than a single screen out.

I know I could focus to a particular part of the hierarchy, but I'm not always organized that way.

I'm not sure I follow what you are saying here. If I select an action and mark it complete by pressing the space bar, or clicking the checkbox, the cursor doesn't go anywhere. What are you using for your view options?