The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Resizing Font and Boxes en mass Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have recently purchased and begun using OmniGraffle. What is the best way to change the font and box sizes for mulitiple boxes? (to the smaller. ) I would rather not have to change all 29 boxes individually and/or by hand.

thanks so much.
Curtis

OG's a bit weak on this point (resize box dimensions != resize box text).

So what I'd reccomend is drag-select all of the boxes you want to resize, drag them to the new size (hold shift to maintain aspect raio). Then command-minus (or command-plus) to change the text sizes proportioanlly.

FWIW, there is a way to maintain the proportionality of a shape and its associated text while keeping it editable.

Create your shape and input your text. Go to the edit menu and select Copy As... PDF to copy the original shape, then paste the PDF version of it. Delete the original shape. The PDF can be resized and the text will scale with it. Ordinarily, a PDF would no longer be editable so if you wanted to change the shape or text in any way you wouldn't be able to. However, because OmniGraffle supports Linkback, if you double click the PDF (and because it was also originally created in OmniGraffle) it will open a Linkback window and you can change the properties, Save them and the changes will appear in the PDF in the original document.

Edit: Corrected foobar with application name!

Last edited by JKT; 2006-12-09 at 01:32 AM..

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKT
<snip> Ordinarily, a PDF would no longer be editable so if you wanted to change the shape or text in any way you wouldn't be able to. However, because OmniWeb supports Linkback, if you double click the PDF (and because it was also originally created in OmniWeb) it will open a Linkback window and you can change the properties, Save them and the changes will appear in the PDF in the original document.
Jonathan, you are too active and helpful on too many OmniFora, it seems ;) OmniWeb creating PDFs and supporting LinkBack, now there's an idea ... :cool:

Mark

Oops. Well, OmniWeb can create PDFs, but they aren't editable ;)

hello,
Su here, I am new to OG as well, and had the same problem .
This is a great idea honestly. For some reason no matter how many times I change X, Y, WIDTH, HEIGHT. It automatically defaults to the original!

Strange

Thanks Joe
Su

Hello
Su here again

Sorry Curtis/Joe, I actually had difficulty resizing the shape rather than the font.

Any ideas welcome!

My apologies for not reading the thread properly

Kind regards
Su