The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Know of an iOS app that supports "Send to OmniFocus"? Post here! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I recently discovered a great App Underscore Notify for notetaking (well it ticks my boxes!). I emailed the developer at 4pm on a Sunday afternoon requesting that he incorporate Send to OmniFocus and got a response back at 8pm the same day to tell me that he was happy to and it would be in the next release! I've since been making regular feature requests on his board and found him incredibly willing to consider and actually implement them. Nice!

He just sent me an email saying the new version 3.2 has been submitted to Apple and now includes Send to OmniFocus. The App is universal and is only a quid (couple of bucks). It might be worth getting onboard now as I imagine the price can only go up. The App supports Dropbox, Box.net, Google Docs and Evernote with MobileMe iDisk coming in the next release (another of my requests). You might need to watch the video tutorials (I didn't and struggled badly).

As always, YMMV.

Last edited by endoftheQ; 2010-11-14 at 02:38 AM..

Brian/Anyone?

I've placed a post on the iPad forum for a universal App Underscore Notify and having looked around the Board and the Omni website, I can't find a list of other Apps that support the Send to OmniFocus function. I posted recently on this forum that I found Twitterlator Pro had this feature by sheer chance.

Is there any possibility that we could have a thread on the OmniFocus root directory where Members can list Apps that support StO? I'd find this really useful.

If there is already such a list somewhere let me know and I'll go and stand in the corner!

Thanks.

Don't know of such a list offhand, but Instapaper 2.3 is another app that supports Send to OmniFocus...

Thanks, Bill, appreciate your response. I got Instapaper off of a tweet recently, probably one from Ken! If so, that made my investment in Twittelator Pro worthwhile.

I could well be a lone voice on wanting a separate Board or a sticky in OmniFocus Extras for Apps that have the ability to Send to OmniFocus, but I'd certainly find it helpful, also it would be great to hear what other Members think of each App and it's ability to link to OF, before I purchase.

I did think about opening a thread for this in the Omni Lounge along the lines of my List your favourite Apps one, but that didn't attract any interest (I probably should have named it better!) and this is a specific OmniFocus issue, rather than one of my 'any other' rants!

Thanks again. :)

Last edited by endoftheQ; 2010-11-14 at 09:15 AM..

Great idea, endoftheQ!

Rather than make a whole new forum for a single thread, though, I'm adding links to this thread from both the OmniFocus for iPhone and OmniFocus for iPad forums. That should let folks searching in either forum find the correct thread...

Instapaper now has this integration.

I hid a couple of posts by SpiralOcean, but not because he did anything wrong - it's just that we're going to try to keep this thread tightly focused on showcasing the apps that have added support for this feature.

Feel free to make other threads discussing those apps individually in the OmniFocus Extras forum; we want to keep this one for announcements. SpiralOcean, I'll PM you the text of your posts so you can do so if you'd like.

Read It Later Pro now supports Send to OmniFocus (StOF).

If you're familiar with Instapaper, it's essentially the same thing, it allows you to bookmark and read material offline. I have both, and since the latest release, have been blown away by how much better RIL is against Instapaper but, as always, YMMV!

Like Instapaper, RIL maintains a very simple interface but also hides an extensive range of features behind actions such as swiping left to right in list view or doing a two-finger tap when reading an article.

It also allows you to switch between pure text and graphic modes, which helps when trying to download things such as bulletin board threads etc. for later reading, which often come a cropper in Instapaper. There's also a wide range of connectivity options to other Apps and services, such as Box.net, Delicious, Digg, Evernote, Pinboard, etc.

I've asked Nate (the developer) to see if it would be possible in a future release to have the StOF function send two links to the note field in OF, a live link to the source and another one to the stored offline material held locally within the App.

RIL is a universal App and it's currently on sale (40% off).

IMHO definitely worth a look!

Last edited by endoftheQ; 2011-01-11 at 06:35 AM..

Apparently I need at least 1 post to be able to post URLs, so this is a fake post to make the next one (next page) possible.

Last edited by n8henrie; 2011-01-26 at 08:17 AM..