The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Is OmniFocus an outliner? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Lately I've been getting annoyed when OmniFocus collapses projects/subprojects/contexts/etc, seemingly at random, and I have to click on the triangle or use the menu items to show everything. For instance I will switch perspectives, add projects, etc., and some headings are collapsed, other aren't, or my project folders on the sidebar are all collapsed. Or I'll head to the inbox and it's collapsed and I think it's empty.

Does anyone regularly expand/collapse items? I suppose it might be useful to re-order or do housekeeping, etc.

(By the way, I'm not talking about notes, those need to be hidden somehow because they can be really long).

I've never needed to collapse anything, but I find myself expanding projects, folders, etc., all the time. Maybe some default in the code needs to be switched to "expanded", or maybe the functionality could be removed altogether (except for notes).