The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Search in Omni plan Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello,

I am new to Omni and want to know if I can search/find based on Task or unique id with in omni plan?

Please let me know

Thanks

"Find" is an area I'd like to improve on. Right now it only works on text columns in the outline views, that is the Task or Resource name, notes, and any Custom Data columns. It also doesn't start a field editor and select the text where found, nor does Find & Replace work correctly.

So yes, you can search based on "Task" if that means task name, but not on unique id. I'm not sure you'd want Find to search unique id realistically, since you'd wind up searching for "1" and hitting just about every row multiple times.

I kind of suspect you have an underlying goal you'd hoped to solve and perhaps we can approach it from another direction.

-Tom

Thanks Tom for reply...
Here is my need to search for unique/task id...

I have a project plan with multiple tasks and sub tasks. Whenever a particular task is completed, I want the team to let me know unique id/task id so that I can search for it and update

Maybe I have to search based on task text...

Tom, this is why you guys put in all that effort on Applescript support :-)

Unknown1, I've attached a pair of scripts which you can install in your OmniPlan toolbar to search by either unique id or WBS id. After the script runs, the matched item will be selected, and you can use the inspector or keyboard shortcuts to apply your updated status.

You can learn more about installing Applescripts in Omni applications in this thread, just read OmniPlan wherever it says OmniFocus.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Find Task by id.scpt.zip (3.5 KB, 608 views)
File Type: zip Find Task by WBS.scpt.zip (3.7 KB, 607 views)

Hello whpalmer4,

Thanks for the applescript and guide to install it in omniplan

It works perfect and meet my needs

Thanks again