The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Manual Leveling Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hey Guys:

Although I love the auto-leveling features, I very much rather user my own manual leveling. Helps with resouce allocations.

Anybody knows how to do that in the resouce view ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anmar
Anybody knows how to do that in the resouce view ?
In the upper-left corner of the timeline is a little gray box, which both needs a new icon and needs to have the cursor turn back into an arrow instead of a left-right resize cursor when you are over it. Thus it is unsurprising that you didn't find it. :-)

Anyway, click on that icon to turn on resource usage graphs, which will show you the times at which each of the selected resources is overloaded.

Cool:

I like it. the icon is pretty good and the feedback is ideal. However, this still does not answer my questions. What is I have two tasks assigned to the same resource. I usually do a dependency (leveling dependency) between them. in OmniPlan, all I can do is press the auto-level button. but I want to do a Manual Leveling.

I tried adding predecessor in the task inspecto but it was greyed out due to not being in the gant chart view.

Any ideas ?

Cheers!

Anmar