The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > Kinkless Getting Things Done
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Worth getting this, or waiting for OmniFocus? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,

What do you think? Should I buy OminOutliner Pro, which is quite a steep price... or should I wait for OmniFocus?

Given how many OTHER things I use OmniOutlinerPro for, I'd opt for getting OOP now.

If this would be your only use of OOP, then you might be better off waiting.

Pegter

Yes, download OOP and see if you've a use for it other than your GTD requirements. It's one of those apps that becomes a part of how you work and if it's for you, you'll know pretty quickly.

Well, you have no idea when OF will arrive, what features it will provide, and/or how stable the early version (a beta? A release candidate? The Real Thing?) might be.

Plus O-O, as I discovered at macworld, and after using for several years, can do things I hadn't imagined.

Try it for free and see.

I agree. OO is not geared toward getting things done. It's geared more to organizing thoughts for a project (i.e., a book, a news article, an academic article, etc.).

It can even do nifty FAQs like this one:
http://walki-talki.com/FAQ/

If all you want is keeping track of tasks, then, yes, wait for OF.

P

OmniFocus will be a $14.95 upgrade for Kinkless users and will include a import script, so if you think will you might use OO later, I say get started and go for it.

BZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumby
Well, you have no idea when OF will arrive, ....
The answer is *always* not soon enough!

;)

Peter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BwanaZulia
OmniFocus will be a $14.95 upgrade for Kinkless users and will include a import script, so if you think will you might use OO later, I say get started and go for it.
Can someone confirm this (an Omni announcement link, official Omni person, etc.)? I, too, have been tempted by upgrading OO (the basic version was bundled with my computer) and downloading Kinkless, but was holding off because it seemed like a bad decision if Omni was just going to come out with another solution that I'd also have to buy.