The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Quick entry doesn't work from Chrome Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
My quick entry shortcut works great all over my mac, but not in Google Chrome. Any ideas why?

Looking at the services menu in Chrome, it says "No services available."

Anyone else experience this, or have a fix?

Thanks,

Josh

Sounds like Chrome doesn't support services -- which is surprising and disappointing. But I don't use Chrome myself, so I can't verify.

-Dennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toadling View Post
Sounds like Chrome doesn't support services -- which is surprising and disappointing. But I don't use Chrome myself, so I can't verify.

-Dennis
Looks like it doesn't for now.

I just downloaded the latest Chrome for Mac, installed it, and clipped something to my quick entry box without incident. Services menu looks identical to the one I see in Safari viewing the same web page.

If you don't have anything selected, you'll get "No services apply" (I'm assuming you're running Snow Leopard).

I am on Chrome for Mac right now, and quick entry does not work. Snow Leopard, up to date Chrome. The only service that shows is a manually created Automator one, unlike Safari, which has a whole list. The hotkey does not work either, although there is no reason it would. Also, my assistant and I have been posting in a google help thread in which many other people say that they cannot get services to work. If you have a way, please, let us know.

http://www.google.com/support/forum/...60ec0d81&hl=en