The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

how to change unit of measurment? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm perhaps an "intermediate" user of OmniGraffle, now using version 4.1.2. I'm doing a UI mockup for a client and would really like to work in pixels instead of inches. I've checked the online help and searched this forum but cannot find this info:

How/where do I change the unit of measurement? I really hate working with figures like "1.755 inches" instead of pixels. Pixels is what makes sense on computer screens, and I do not design for paper.

Thank you!

kazar

Do you have OmniGraffle Pro or just OmniGraffle? The Pro version has a pop-up menu to change this setting on its Ruler:

To show/hide the ruler press command-R

thank you very much! I actually never use a ruler when I design so I never pressed Command-R (nor chose Rules from the View menu). I guess OmniGraffle has been so intuitive to just "pick up" for creating my erd's and process diagrams, with only an occasional trip to these forums or online Help ... maybe now might be a good time to take an hour or two and really investigate all the menu choices!

sheesh. thanks again.

kazar

The regular non-pro version has that too, although it is the only thing on the ruler bar.