The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Duplicate Action (applescript request) Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
If an applescripter would find this helpful, I would welcome a script that duplicated the selected row (next action).

For example, I might want to make minor changes in a next action.

Discuss proposal with Fred.
Discuss proposal with Jack.
Discuss proposal with Mary.

Or, I might want to check something off as complete, such as call Frank 858-9658, but since I didn't actually talk to Frank on the phone, I want to duplicate the task because I have to do it again.

Tim Wood made this applescript for omnioutliner:

tell application "OmniOutliner Professional"
set MyDoc to front document
set FirstRowID to id of first selected row of MyDoc
set FirstRow to a reference to row id FirstRowID of MyDoc
set MyRowIDs to id of every selected row of MyDoc
repeat with MyRowIndex from 1 to count of MyRowIDs -- force forward loop
set MyRowID to item MyRowIndex of MyRowIDs
duplicate row id MyRowID of MyDoc to before FirstRow
end repeat
end tell

Thanks,
Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve
If an applescripter would find this helpful, I would welcome a script that duplicated the selected row (next action).
Duplicate is built-in to OF. Look at the Edit menu.

Curt

Duh! That is pretty funny! Command+D. Boy was I making it complicated.

Thanks, Curt.

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by curt.clifton View Post
Duplicate is built-in to OF. Look at the Edit menu.
I find myself in the context view 98% of the time and there is no option to duplicate an action without being in project view (any logical reason for that?). It would be great to be able to duplicate an action and mix this with some of the masterful scripts on this forum (i.e. http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthre...742#post101742 and http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthre...ighlight=defer).

When I double click on an action it takes a while for the Project window to open or (option click like it was for a short while in 1.9). "Show in Project Mode" for me takes about 3 seconds to switch back over I loose flow of where I was.

Last edited by skillet; 2011-09-13 at 11:37 AM..

Had some discussion of why Duplicate isn't available in context mode the other day: http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=22073

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
Had some discussion of why Duplicate isn't available in context mode the other day: http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=22073
Thank you!

Maybe I can figure out some tweak with "Delegated"
which is built on Complete and Await Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve View Post
The attachment works in Context view on multiple selections.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Duplicate.scpt.zip (20.6 KB, 732 views)

Last edited by skillet; 2012-01-10 at 07:43 AM..

Particularly for use with Lion's full screen mode, it might be worth updating the window referencing in the light of this post.

(Inter alia, the idiom suggested there will ensure that the active rather than default document is referenced).