The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Creating File Links rather than embedding Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I am trying to link files into my OOP doc (I'm using kGTD and when I've completed an item, I want a link to the file I've created). Reading the help we have:

Quote:
If you attach a folder, or hold the control key while dropping a file, an alias (a "link") to the file or folder will be created instead
Is there any reason why the modifier is Control rather than Cmd-Alt which is the Finder standard for creating aliases / links? Is there any way to change the modifier? There is no menu item in OOP that I can find, so i can't just change the keyboard shortcut in Sys Prefs.

Its a pain because a) I have to remember a different key combination for OOP and b) because I have to start dragging the file in Finder before I can press the modifier key because Ctrl-click in Finder obviously means something else.

Ta,
Sanjay

I have noticed that an outline with many embedded links/aliases causes OmniOutliner to become quite sluggish when you attempt to scroll around in the document. I can't think of any good reason for the slowdown--has anyone else come across this issue?