The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Synch with iCal introducing duplicate to-dos Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Help!

Having been with Omnifocus since the beginning, I am now having the dreaded nightmare of duplicate to-dos being introduced into my iCal/Omnifocus database. The only recent change to my system configuration that I can think of is the recent upgrade to OF on the iPhone - is there a history of duplicates being produced in this version?

In any event, I've pruned the database on OF and then iCal. Unfortunately some of the duplicates seem to reappear. What is the best way to fix this?

Donovan

Mac OSX Leopard/MacBook

Did the duplicates happen to be coincident with upgrading to iPhone OS 3.0? One of the changes in 3.0 is to allow independent syncing of iCal information via both MobileMe and iTunes. I enabled both kinds of syncing and got duplicates of all my contacts and calendar items. Once I sorted that out, I haven't had any duplicate items issues.

I don't use iCal ToDo items, so don't know if the same duplicate issue happens there. And my duplicates had nothing to do with OF.

Out of curiosity, why are you syncing To Do items to iCal if you have OF for iPhone? (I'm not trying to be critical, just wondering if there is some benefit that I'm missing out on.)

Curt