The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Linking project plans to a Master Projects Planner Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have to project many different projects for many different clients in my studio. I create separate project plans for each client’s projects, which I then send them a pdf page of the Gantt chart of.

What I would like to know how to do is create a Master project plan that lists all these projects and there overall progress. I do not want all the detail of each project plan, all I want is a single progress bar much like task bar which represents its overall progress.

Is this possible?

There's no way to do this directly in OmniPlan itself. However, if all you want is a display of those projects' summaries (no ability to edit them), then if you know AppleScript, you could accomplish this. The AppleScript would open each client OmniPlan file, get its start date, end date and completed percentage. Then make a new project and put all those tasks in it.

In OmniPlan 2.0, we're hoping to make an overview of multiple projects a direct part of the application.

Thanks for your response! Great to hear it’s in the pipeline.
Guess the next question is when could we expect v2.0 :)