The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing > iCal Sync
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Trouble syncing with iCal? [See first post in thread.] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
At one point syncing worked great. now syncing causes me to spend too much time trying to trouble shoot and fix issues.
Nothing in OF will sync to i-Call. I have tried the recommended fixes, except the terminal commands.
I deleted a calendar from i-cal but it still shows in the Omnifocus Sync preference panel.
Will there be an update soon that fixes sync issues?

OmniFocus and iCal both send data to a piece of the OS called Sync Services; sometimes things don't work because we did the wrong thing, sometimes iCal does the wrong thing, and sometimes Sync Services just does the wrong thing all by itself.

Unfortunately, we can only fix the problems that occur on our end - the other parts we don't have any influence over.

You should send us an email from the Send Feedback... item in the help menu; we'll gather some information and try to determine what's going on here.

Changing the from sequential to parallel fixed my problem. Boy, do I feel dumb, but thank you wok4 !!!

Wow, this has been a frustrating bug. The iCal calendars in OF Preferences suddenly stopped refreshing, as did the iCal calendar list in applications like iBiz, which probably also uses SyncServices. I did the requisite killall SyncServer followed by the rm -rf on its directory, but nothing changed.

Console showed me that there were many errors related to the Birthday Calendar, like this:

Code:
28/04/2008 06:15:13 iCalExternalSync[8445] [ICalExternalSync ]Encountered you referenced the following records (in a relationship) but did not actually push them: (
    "node_BirthdayCalendar/p1"
)
I tried disabling the birthday calendar from within iCal Preferences - the General pane has a checkbox - but the calendar did not go away. So, I deleted the calendar physically from iCal. Then, the console immediately filled up with pleasant messages of success. Ahhhh.

I have not yet tried re-enabling the Birthday calendar, but I had the sync working before for the longest time while also having the Birthday calendar, so I imagine something just got stuck.

Hope this helps someone.

When I print out my iCal To Do's in List format, there's an omnifocus URL under each task. ( URL: omnifocus://task/iZ2jHNCoK2l)

How can I get rid of the URL? It takes up too much room.

Thanks.
Caroline

OK I ran the terminal scripts and after numerous "conflicts" were cleared I am now syncing again to i-cal. However, I notice in OF Sync preferences there are calendars that I had deleted in i-cal. How do I delete the non-existen calendars?

When I open terminal.app, my cursor lands after a text string, which includes my username. Do I paste the new text string where my cursor lands or do I need to start a new line?

Thanks in advance for any help with this!

Can anyone answer this one for me? See above.

You do not need to start a new line. The text string is called a prompt; it indicates that you can enter a command.

I find it hard to believe but my sync problem went away after I unchecked the birthday calendar setting, just like you recommend. Crazy. Thanks for the tip!