The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

File Attachment Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,

I'm new to OP but really like what I see so far. I'm going through and trying to add a file to a task but I don't see it appearing anywhere.

I select the task that I'd like the file to correspond to and then hit edit -> attach file. But alas...nothing?

Am i doing something incorrectly?

Thanks for any help!

Chris

Nevermind...I figured it out but I do have another question. Is there a way to somehow include the file as part of an export? A link to the file would even work.

I'll probably have to export to html.

Thanks

You can't embed a file into OmniPlan filewrapper. When you attach a file now (either to the project or to a specific task) it creates a link to the file in the Project : Attachments inspector or the Task : Attachments inspector.

Thanks AK...do you know if there's a way to share that link with my staff? They don't have OP so I think I'll have to export to html or another format. I would LOVE if they had a link to click on under the respective task.

Thanks again!

OmniPlan can be run without a license, it just goes into a read-only mode that doesn't allow you to add or remove data. In your situation, you could send an OmniPlan file to your staff and they can open it in OmniPlan to view and click on the link.