The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Text in Tables Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi I need help with formatting a cell to accommodate the text.
The problem is that when I create a table and start typing text in a cell. the cell (and by default row or column) does not resize to accommodate the text. Is there a way to do this? I did check the graffle help section and looked around on the forums.
I'm using OG5(Pro)
Cheers,

Well, you can click a second time into the cell and be able to resize it, alternatively if you start out with the Text Tool to create an auto-resizing text object (which you can stroke and fill, etc.), and then convert it into a table, then individual cells will resize with your text automatically.

Hope that helps,

how about this: I made my table with # of rows and # of columns. Then I go back and start adding text to each cell. Is there a method wherein the cell width and height adjusts to display the amount of text I've entered for that cell?

You can set your cells to be "Resize to fit" and turn off "Wrap to shape" in the Style: Text Inspector, and that should get you where you want to be.