The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Moving tasks in resource view...? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
This may be an entirely stupid question; I am not the most experienced project software user... but...

When I want to do some manual levelling, I find it frustrating that I am not able to do it directly in Resource view. Switching back to the Task view and finding the task amongst a lot of others is time consuming. (Some would say boring!)

What I would like to do is quickly slide around the tasks (start/end) in Resource view, without having to switch back to Task view. I don't think this is possible at the moment.

Failing that, some sort of filtering in Task view; so that I can filter the displayed tasks by Resource, Date, Duration, etc., would be great...

I'll add your vote for rescheduling tasks in the resource view to that bug.

There is a small shortcut I can offer, as a small way to make it slightly less painful in the meantime. When you're in the resource view, and want to edit a particular task, double-click it. This will flip you over to the task view, with the same task selected you, hopefully saving a bit of hunting.