The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

What if I accidentally mark an action complete? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I just started using the iPhone version and noticed if I mark an action completed, that it immediately disappears. On the desktop version you have to do a cleanup before that happens... which is nice in case you do it by accident. Is there a way to undo marking something complete on the iPhone version?

I don't have an iPhone or an iPod Touch, and have never even had the chance to try out OmniFocus on either, so I can't promise much :)

Try going to the Setting page, and set the "In Projects, show..." section to All, then view the project containing the accidentally completed action. If it now shows up, see if you can edit it to be not complete. This sort of assumes that you know which project it was in, or can look through them all...

Another option: use the iPhone to call someone who has access to your computer, and walk them through changing it back and syncing :D

whpalmer4's suggestion of switching to 'All' in Settings is correct. OmniFocus doesn't delete completed actions, it just hides them (maybe a little too aggressively) so you can focus on what's left to do.

If you'd like some kind of delay on hiding completed items, please send feedback to our Support Ninjas. (omnifocus-iphone@omnigroup.com)

Thanks... that is exactly what I was looking for.

As far as requesting a change... I don't feel that I've used OmniFocus long enough to make such a request. The layout and usability of the iPhone app so far appears to be excellent, and I don't know that adding more stuff to it would do anything but make it more complicated. If I do eventually make such a request, it would probably be to include the "Clean Up" as a secondary function like on the desktop.