The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Drag/Drop between 2 Omni Docs Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi All,

I am trying to drag and drop (or copy and paste) A topic that is in one OmniOutliner doc I have to a new OmniOutliner doc. Unfortunately, in the new document the topic and all the sub sections are completely blank. For some reason it does not copy the contents to the new document.

There is nothing special in the topics, like attached files or images, just text.

Can someone point me in the right direction with this?

Ver 3.8 (v143.41)

Please send your source document and the document you pasted to omnioutliner@omnigroup.com and we'll help you figure this out. Thanks!

Hi DerekM,

Thank you for the offer of assistance, much appreciated. Unfortunately due to the information in the doc I am unable to forward it for security reasons (I know, a bit paranoid, but not information that I am allowed to share)

Anyway, what I did as a work around, is saved the original document under a new name and deleted all the topics that I did not need in it, thus only left with the topics I originally tried to drag and drop. However, since I have done that, I can now drag and drop topics between the original doc and the new doc without any problems.

As a test, I opened up a new blank OO doc and tried to drag and drop to it. Again, unable to drag and drop to this new blank doc, even after adding a few dummy topics and saving it...

Im thinking there might be something dodgy with my OO installation.

By "topics" you are referring to rows correct? Are you able to copy and paste instead of drag and drop?

Yes, that is correct I am talking about rows.

I tried both copy and paste and drag and drop. Exact same result.

Pieter,

why not try the following experiment:

Make a duplicate of the offending document

Trim it down to a reasonable number of rows, and make sure that the anomalous behavior is still present

Go through the remaining rows, selecting each one in turn and replacing the text with something innocuous, thus removing all sensitive content

Verify the anomalous behavior is still present after scrubbing the file

Send the resulting sanitized file to Omni

Will do, sounds like a good plan.

Thanks!

I trimmed down the doc and removed, removed the sensitive content and tested again.

Issue persist. I emailed the "original" and target doc to the above address with the same subject as this post.

I trimmed down the doc and removed, removed the sensitive content and tested again.

Issue persist. I emailed the "original" and target doc to the above address with the same subject as this post.