The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

"Updating with sync data" : no quick entry option ? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I recently noticed this, but the option for quick entry when syncing is still available. Could this be a feature request ?

Seems like a more desirable fix would be to speed up the process so it wouldnt be necessary, no?

Either or, for me I just want access to quick entry where ever I am in the app. Including loading screens :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
Seems like a more desirable fix would be to speed up the process so it wouldnt be necessary, no?
lol. Cruddy sync performance has been the #1 issue with OF for iOS since its inception. We're coming up on 4 years of it now.

All the more reason to fix it, rather than papering it over...

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
All the more reason to fix it, rather than papering it over...
I'm now expecting OG will pipe in and say "We're curious about what's going on in your sync environment, how many zip files do you have?"

Fact is, the existing model is high maintenance; if you don't sync every device regularly (every couple days or so), then performance of the iOS syncs goes straight down the toilet.

No other "to do" app regularly throws up one or two modal "syncing" or "condensing" dialogs every time you launch it. Blecch.

I find the sync performance is fairly consistent, and even had the patience to watch one of my less often-used devices age itself out (got up to 1,000+ zip files in the process). The key factor may be that it's never exactly speedy for me...and I'm skeptical that any of the other apps would be any better with just shy of 14,000 actions! I'm actually a bit skeptical that they would even work at all, but I'm not willing to invest the effort to try the experiment. Yes, I'm an outlier, your mileage may vary.

The only reason I ask for this feature because the iPhone version of OF has these, which is great btw ! I think adding this to the iPad version would be nice to have :)