The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Controlling angle of lines into magnets... how? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is it possible to coerce a line to terminate at an object at (say) right angles to the edge of the shape? This is standard behaviour in Powerpoint, and very handy for some sorts of diagrams. I can't see how you can do this automatically. You can approximate it manually by putting a break point in a line, but these seem very hard to work with - and cause more problems than they solve if you subsequently move the shape.

I am not hopeful - an earlier message in this forum from another member asked a similar question but got no response at all. Fingers crossed for more luck with this question.. :)

I'd suggest using the orthogonal line type, which automatically "doglegs" to always provide a vertical or horizontal line segments.

HTH,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel
I'd suggest using the orthogonal line type, which automatically "doglegs" to always provide a vertical or horizontal line segments.
Thanks for the suggestion, but I'd much rather have this for curved lines. In Powerpoint curvey lines / arrows have this orthogonal characteristic, and somewhere else I have even seen the provision of Bezier style curvature / angle adjustments for line endings to control the angle of incidence quite finely.

Anyone got ideas about how you do orthogonal curvey lines?

Apply a really big corner radius to an orthogonal line in the Line and Shape Inspector?