The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Wrap project names in sidebar? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello, I've searched the forums for info about modifying the format of text in the sidebar, but I haven't found exactly what I'm looking for. I'm wondering if it's possible to have project names wrap in the sidebar when I'm in planning mode - I have lengthy names and would like to be able to glance at the sidebar to read them rather than having them cut off with ellipses.
Thanks!
fdan

Never seen anything to suggest it is possible to have the names wrap as you ask, but you do have control over the font and size used in the sidebar. See the OmniFocus preferences, Style pane, Sidebars section.

If you want to make a feature request (and it does seem like a very reasonable request, given that other Omni apps support similar behavior), use the Help->Send Feedback command.

Thanks for the reply. I'll go ahead with the feature request - thanks for reminding me about that.

You can also drag the sidebar open wider. (We're talking about on the desktop version, right?)

Yes, the desktop version. Thanks for the suggestion. However, dragging the sidebar is what I'm trying to avoid - I'd rather have the app set up once and not have to fiddle around, regardless of project name length.

Wrapping would be an obvious behaviour - why should actions wrap and not projects?