The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Applescript: saving canvases Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Hi All,

I'm trying to extend the 'autoexport' applescript, and wish to handle multiple-page/canvas drawings by saving each canvas as a separate image. I don't want to use the 'entire document' export area option as a) it exports full-page rt. just the objects, and b) it creates separate files in a new subdirectory (I wish to export file.graffle -> file.1.png, file.2.png, etc).

Sooo, I've tried:
Code:
tell application "OmniGraffle Professional"
	save canvas 1 of first item of documents in file ((desktop folder as string) & "ssh.png")
end tell
but that doesn't work:
Code:
OmniGraffle Professional got an error: NSReceiversCantHandleCommandScriptError
I guess you can only "save" (export) a document - so I guess I have to iterate over each canvas and save? How do I change the active canvas?

BTW, how come there's always one document returned by 'documents'? The following is with OG open, but no open docs:

Code:
tell application "OmniGraffle Professional"
	documents
end tell
-> {document "Basic.graffle" of application "OmniGraffle Professional"}

Thanks in advance,
Ben