The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Comments and Suggestions OF on iphone Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi all,

First time post. But long time technogeek.

First off, i just want to mention that I've went from all the task manager apps like Things and THL to Omnifocus and I think OF is just the best and is scalable. With the iphone app, it just works.

I just wanted to comment on a few things hoping to get the ball rolling with the OF crew to keep it in the back of their mind before rolling out the next iterations of OF.

First, the iPhone. I turned on the "experimental" aspects of OF for the iphone, the landscape mode and perspectives. I love them both. The landscape view though, has a lot of quirks and I hope that Omni fixes them quick as every app out there seems to have landscape view as an option these days. Next is perspectives. I use perspectives a lot and I'm hoping that Omni will allow us to customize the "home" view in lines of the the "facebook" look so that we can add perspectives in there. I would love to be able to rearrange my home view to have my perspectives listed and have other views taken away that I wouldn't use for the iphone.

UI. The object of a task manager is to get in and out quick. I find that this isn't the case with OF. To a certain extent it is quick, the quick entry is fantastic. But what isn't is when reviewing the task items. I go through my list daily and there are items that I flag to be done during the week but in no set order or date. In OF of Iphone, i have to dig into the task and turn on the flag which makes it pretty inconvenient. in list mode it would be great to have an area where i can press that will flag the item immediately without leaving the list, hence the thought process. Same with moving a bunch of tasks over to a new project or context.

Lastly, achievements. animating a task to be completed is the greatest satisfaction and it almost feels like a game in life. I wish that omni would animate the act of completing an item with a sound and a small little animation. On the Mac side as well. I know this is just visual/resource junk programmed in, but think about it, it's just more pleasure in getting things done.

Comments welcomed.
D

Thanks for stopping by, Dennis!

I'll make sure to mention the experimental features to Ken next time I have a chance to chat with him.

Reducing the kind of friction you mention is also something we plan to devote plenty of attention to. We do have a general feature request open on "make flagging easier" - I'll add a note linking to this thread.

Achievements. No promises, but yesterday's OS 4 announcements would certainly seem to make that an easier feature to add, wouldn't it? :-)