The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Extracting photos and audio clips from an action Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Found a fantastic use for OF on my iPhone during a recent trip to DC to lobby for small publishers. There were several great presentations on the networking day that preceded the day up on the hill, and OF was excellent for capturing the slides and the audio presentation in a structured format with each presentation as a separate action with associated photos and audio clips.

Now I'm looking to build an iMovie to share the presentation (with the presenter's permission), and I need to extract quite a few photos and audio clips from inside the MAC OF app. What's the best way to do that? I tried looking at it in the file system and there's no relationship between the attachments in the file system. I don't see a way to name the photos and video clips in either the MAC or iPhone app so that I can keep the grouping together.

Do I need to extract them one at a time and rename them after they are dragged out into a Mac finder window?

I loved being able to capture the presentations this way vs trying to video the entire thing (huge storage hog). it would have been nice if I could have taken a photo without stopping the audio capture. Or if it could multi-task a bit better so that it could save one audio clip WHILE taking a photo and starting the next clip. But it was worlds better than anyone else there was able to do, and it meant that everything was automatically grouped together in a logical sequence and associated with the correct presenter.

Thanks in advance for any advice anyone has.

James