The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Start Dates - Batch Set? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is there a way I can batch set (and unset) start dates for tasks?

There are scripts for this in the OmniFocus Extras forum-search for user dbyler. He has posted multiple scripts that snooze/set/defer start and due dates.

Just select all the actions at once in the usual Mac fashion, then bring up inspector with toolbar button or command-shift-I and set the dates all at once.

Thanks, the inspector option did the trick. I've only used the inspector on single actions, one at a time, this gives me something new to explore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
Just select all the actions at once in the usual Mac fashion, then bring up inspector with toolbar button or command-shift-I and set the dates all at once.
Actually the usual OSX methods (i.e. clicking on individual, noncontiguous items while holding the COMMAND key) does _NOT_ work... The only that works is selecting a sequential number of tasks with the mouse key held down... BIG draw-back of OmniFocus

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlangner001 View Post
Actually the usual OSX methods (i.e. clicking on individual, noncontiguous items while holding the COMMAND key) does _NOT_ work... The only that works is selecting a sequential number of tasks with the mouse key held down... BIG draw-back of OmniFocus
Strange that I've been doing it for years without noticing that it doesn't work :-)

What you're probably missing is that you can't click in the text field, you have to click to the left of the checkbox (you're trying to select rows, not text).

You are right.. I was confused by the fact that there is not a selection box, nor can the task be selecting _anywhere_ in the task... It has to be in that relatively small area to the left top of the COMPLETE-box, or it will not react... Hope that this is something that be fixed with a GUI overhaul...