The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Open new tab next to current Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'd like to see an option for opening a new "tab" next to the current one instead of after the last one. Other browsers have this option, and it makes my browsing much more convenient and orderly.

But you can drag your tabs in any order you want ...

Yes, you can move 'em, but I almost always have one browser with more tabs than fit on the screen (i.e. the tab drawer has a scroll bar). Moving 'em around in that case is a pain.

I'd echo this request..

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyW
I'd echo this request..
So do I.......

Hoping this gets added as well. Either that, or switching to the previously viewed tab when the current tab is closed.

In fact, both would be best.

Yes you can move the tabs around, but convenience is always a big selling point, and these are simple changes that make people's lives easier. Automation of mundane tasks are the point of many programs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallin
... switching to the previously viewed tab when the current tab is closed.
Yes, please!!

adding my vote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallin View Post
.....switching to the previously viewed tab when the current tab is closed.....
+1 for me on that please, it's driving me nuts at the moment!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjedj View Post
+1 for me on that please, it's driving me nuts at the moment!!
Agreed. It's so non-intuitive it feels like a bug.

It's jarring: I'm reading something, decide to open one of the links in a new tab, finish the side trip and close the tab. The intent is to return to what I was reading before the side trip -- but often it's not (if there are other tabs below what I was reading). Then I'm like huh? Why am I looking at this? And then I remember it's OW.

I hope that's fixed or made a preference in 5.6.