The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prevent OF from closing Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi there,

relatively new to OF: it only works when the program is open :-)

But I use the CMD+Q heavily and often I closy OF by accident.

Is there a way to prevent CMD+Q to work in OF or to execute a CMD+H instead (what is what I want in 99% of the cases).

TIA and Kind regards from Germany

Franz-Josef

Use the Keyboard section of System Preferences to map CMD-Q to Hide OmniFocus.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-04-16 at 11.24.19 AM.png
Views:	556
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	2763  

Thanks Bill (?),

should have added that I'm new to OS-X, too :-) During my 1st attempt it didn't work, but as I took a closer look to that dialog box I realized that I had to type in "exactly the name ..." and since I'm in Germany it had to be "OmniFocus ausblenden".

Works like a charm and OFs quick entry is always at hand.

Best,

FJK

Glad you were able to figure it out from my terse directions!

The Keyboard Shortcut section is a useful tool, although there are places it doesn't work, such as when a command appears in the menus more than once, or doesn't have a fixed name. Also, as you probably noticed here, you only get one shortcut per command.