The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Where is the companion app online? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
I use my own iPhone, a Mac at home, PC at work, and a variety of computers at a variety of other locations.

Am sure I am not alone in this, and am sure the future of any application--even a simple app that does a nice job of managing task lists--is to be device independent and at least sync-able or usable across devices via the web.

So, where is the OmniFocus device independent online app that syncs with my iphone and Mac? I love GTD, and I love Omnifocus, but if I can't use Omnifocus in every context in which I find myself, why bother--esp at a price premium?

Yes, I have my iPhone app with me at all times--but have any of you tried planning out all the projects and tasks related to a project with your thumbs? I have. It is not fun. Do I really need to lug a Mac around with me to do this?

Why is my only real option ToodleDo? Only reason I haven't yet made the switch is that ToodleDo has such silly name and 'fluffy' looking interface online. The functionality is all there and more, and with my wife recently signing on to Toodledo we could share peronsonal tasks very easily by using it. Do I really have to ditch a nice app like Omnifocus b/c it won't make the leap to the internet?

"Omnifocus: When you're ready to get serious about personal productivity." Whatever. ToodleDo may have a weak name, but it is miles ahead. When will Omnifocus get serious?

Should add that I'm only expressing my frustration b/c I like Omnifocus a lot, and really don't want to leave.