The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

File attachments Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,

I ran into a problem today: I went to an action for which I had an attachment (screen capture PNG file), and when I clicked the file attachment, it tried to find the file in the file system. The problem is, this file has been deleted (and didn't live long enough for time machine to take a copy).

I was under the impression that file attachments were copied "in" OF, or maybe it's just because that's what I want :) In any case, I looked at the preferences and couldn't find anything that seemed related to that, so here's my question:

Is it possible to have file attachments "in" OF, so that I could delete the original file from the filesystem and still have access to it? I would also expect the file to be sync'd to other devices.

Thanks!

Julien

If you hold down the option key while dragging the file into the notes, or check the appropriate radio button when using Edit->Attach File, you'll get a copy made of the attachment which will be stored in the OmniFocus database and synced to all your other OmniFocus clients.

Restraint is a good idea with this feature, as too many attachments (or attachments which are too large) will impact sync speed. Use the Attachment List window (under the Window menu) to find attachments which you no longer need (or verify that you've indeed embedded them, rather than linking).

Thanks, as always a very helpful reply!