The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Suggestion: Page Breaks for Contexts when Printing Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Anyone else struggling getting your information from OmniFocus portable? I've read the thread about using Pagepacker and other methods, but I am still stuck.

Is there a way to add a page break after each context? i.e @Errands <page break>@Phone, etc.. ?

A more elegant solution would be to allow for only selected contexts to be printed out of the perspective views.

Logged <bug://bugs/43431> (Option to include a page break between contexts when printing).

Printing should print what is shown in the content area, so if you select the contexts you want printed, do you not just get those contexts in the output?

I agree it prints what is selected in the context area... but out of the 20+ contexts I have.. probably only 5-6 need to be printed on a regular basis.

Unless I keep these contexts under a @Print group I'm not sure how to go about it without manually selecting and printing each one.

Basically, I have ~5 Contexts I want to be able to quickly print and take offline. I usually do this every morning. Right now I'm going through printing to PDF, editing, adding to Pagepacker, etc.... There has to be a faster way.

If there were page breaks between contexts, I could just shove a pile of 3x5 cards in my printer and go (and of course end up throwing away all the contexts I don't need).

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad131 View Post
I agree it prints what is selected in the context area... but out of the 20+ contexts I have.. probably only 5-6 need to be printed on a regular basis.

Unless I keep these contexts under a @Print group I'm not sure how to go about it without manually selecting and printing each one.
You can create a Perspective to save that selection, and print from that. You can even save a specific Page Setup for that Perspective.

And, in recent builds, there is a little printer icon on the Perspectives window that lets you print w/o opening the perspective (though we'll probably change it to bring up the Print panel if you click and only print w/o interaction if you command-click it).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Wood View Post
(though we'll probably change it to bring up the Print panel if you click and only print w/o interaction if you command-click it).
I just saw this feature— it would be helpful so you could double check that you have the correct settings. Do you know if quick print has any applescript hooks. It would be really cool to be able to email a .pdf of a given perspective.