The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Save Color/Swatch Library Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is there a way to export/save the colors into a file that I could import on a different computer?

I have a very large set of custom colors I use on a daily basis so that my wireframes adhere to our stringent brand standards.

A lot of apps like MS Office will embed the colors in the document saved, so that I can use the same palette regardless of what computer I'm opening the file in. Adobe apps have the ability to save swatch library that can be imported to other computers.

Does OG have something like that? I didn't see anything where the stencils are saved...

Standard Mac OS X feature to the rescue!

Bring up the Color display with Format->Show Colors. Click on the third tab and you're in the color palette section where you can load existing palettes (which are stored in ~/Library/Colors/). The only tricky part is getting your existing colors into a palette, but that isn't so much difficult as tedious if you have a large number of colors.

Make a document with a number of shapes, one in each of your "standard" colors that you want to put in a palette. Now create a new palette from the gear menu in that tab. For each color shape, select the shape, then drag the color from the bar in the palette (next to the magnifying glass) to the list of colors. Edit the name of the color, then repeat for all of the others. Edit the name of the palette and quit OmniGraffle. Go to ~/Library/Colors and retrieve the <palette name>.clr file and copy to your other computer(s).

Here's an article that has pictures: http://www.robinwood.com/Catalog/Tec...lorPicker.html

That's a huge help. Thanks!