The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Clippings shortcut gone rogue Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
So....here's my problem...it's a little convoluted...

I've got my OF clippings shortcut set up as ctrl-option-space, and that works great in most apps. However, it doesn't work in Mail.app, because for some reason, the Mail>Services>"OmniFocus: Send to Inbox" in Mail.app is associated with the command Option-O.

I think this is because I made that association a long time ago, to make my Send to Inbox shortcut in Mail the same as it is in Entourage, for which I have a special script that processes emails to OF with Option-O.

However, I want to undo that in Mail.app, and just use ctrl-option-c, like in everything else.

The problem is: This Option-O shortcut in Mail.app does not appear in the standard System Preferences keyboard shortcuts panel!! I can't make it go away. I have no idea how I set it up, and I have no idea how to remove it.

When I try to include Mail.app in the OF Preferences Clippings panel (by checking its box) to give it the standard ctrl-option-c shortcut, that shortcut just (apparently) conflicts with the existing Option-O one, and doesn't work.

So...how could I possibly have created the Option-O for Mail>Services>"OmniFocus: Send to Inbox" in Mail.app (such that it even shows that command in the menu pull down) in such a way that it's NOT visible in the System Preferences keyboard shortcuts panel? Some kind of Automator or script? Where would that be? How do I get rid of it?

Thanks for any help fixing a mess I apparently created...