The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Cornell note taking on OmniOutliner Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I would like you to share with me some tips to make notes with Cornell note-taking method on OO3.

I just tried to make an OO3 window into left CUE, right NOTE and bottom SUMMARY field. I could CUE and NOTE one with column setting but I didn't know how to combine the two at the bottom.

Does anybody use this method on OO3?
Or could you please share your Cornell note-taking template or any idea with me?

Not quite ideal, but you could go to the inspector, Document Display section, and tick the "Inline notes span document width" box. Then make your Summary just be a note in a blank Cue column entry near the bottom of the page. Of course, if you're using notes in the rows you make in the top section, they'll go all the way across the page, which you probably don't want.

It seems to me that you could probably swap the columns without doing grievous harm to the concept, then having the notes field run across the document wouldn't be so bad, as you could manually break your lines if using the notes field.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
go to the inspector, Document Display section, and tick the "Inline notes span document width" box. Then make your Summary just be a note in a blank Cue column entry near the bottom of the page.
It's the very point I wanted to know.
Thanks for your comment.