The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Column width settings not working ? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,

I tried manually setting the column width using:

defaults write com.omnigroup.OmniFocus ContextColumnWidth -int 150
defaults write com.omnigroup.OmniFocus ProjectColumnWidth -int 200

I also verified using PrefPane that these values were indeed set. But even after restarting OmniFocus, I do not see any changes in the column width.

Any ideas?

-Ayodh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayodh14 View Post
Hi,

I tried manually setting the column width using:

defaults write com.omnigroup.OmniFocus ContextColumnWidth -int 150
defaults write com.omnigroup.OmniFocus ProjectColumnWidth -int 200

I also verified using PrefPane that these values were indeed set. But even after restarting OmniFocus, I do not see any changes in the column width.

Any ideas?

-Ayodh
I think this was only a stop-gap measure before it was implemented in the current format.

Just simply drag and columns (as if you are doing in the spreadsheet or other column-based programs) and it should adjust the column width.

Just be aware that you might need to resize the window after you do that since column resizing can change the window size.

I'm not able to drag columns :/
I added the columns Start and Due date to the Projects perspective and any date that has a full date, shows up like this:

21/03/201

How do I resize the columns so that the dates fit on a single line?

hey did you get you problem resolved...I'm facing somewhat similar problem :)...Please post it here if you somehow solve this problem that would be very helpful !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArticlesColumn View Post
hey did you get you problem resolved...I'm facing somewhat similar problem :)...Please post it here if you somehow solve this problem that would be very helpful !!
The solution here worked for me! < http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=20416