The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

No user manual - need some basic help Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,
I moved all my data from kGTD to OF, so it is my main GTD system now, but I never did implement all the features in kGTD and now I am still trying to figure out how to do so in OF.

The lack of any kind of written documentation is making it a bit difficult (yes, i know it is alpha!).

Is there any concise overview on using the date features? What is the column with the stopwatch for?

What about keyboard shortcuts? Has anyone compiled a list?

I heard about a 2nd video from Ethan Schoonover. Is this just a rumor? If not, where can I find it?

Perhaps one of the OF gurus on this board would be so kind as to start an unofficial help document that could be anchored at the top of the forum and updated/edited as time goes on...... please !!

Another thing I would find incredibly usefull is to see some examples of how people set up their projects and contexts. I've seen a few posting about this on the board, but an thread of samples from people who have a handle on this would be a huge help.

(Also, I'm very frustrated with iCal syncing. Why is OF syncing EVERYTHING to iCal? My iCal calender is useless because it has 500 items in the ToDo list, including items from contexts that I dont want in iCal. Please give us the ability to choose what we want to synch !)

OK, end of semi-rant. Thank you !!!

I'll pick off an easy question: The stopwatch is for durations. If you frequently have short blocks of time available and think "do I have any short actions I could handle right now?" then this is for you. As you create your actions, fill in a time estimate ("20 minutes", "1h", etc.). Then when you have this block of time you can group your actions by how long they take and quickly see that you have time to "order food for party" but not "call chatty Aunt Agitha".

Here's some stuff about dates:
http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=3600

You can find some keyboard shortcuts just by looking at the menus. Menu items that have keyboard shortcuts will list them there. Also, we've borrowed a lot of shortcuts from Outliner, so grab Outliner's list (in the Help menu) and see which of those are working.

Your selective iCal syncing request is a popular one. We're pondering how best to approach that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard
Your selective iCal syncing request is a popular one. We're pondering how best to approach that.
If you need ideas, check iGTD, their implementation works (actually, *worked* - you now own my soul) quite well.

miondon,

Just about the only resource available (and the one I check every day) is this forum. Check current and past threads - do a lot of reading. Alpha users must work harder!

- Pierre