The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > Applying OmniFocus
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Transferring action items from meeting notes to omnifocus Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
When do you do your capture of meeting notes, how much time does it take, and how much detail do you capture?

During meetings I generate a ton of action items (I keep trying to get my assistant to take on more of them but she's rather adept at finding more for me!). These are on paper or in a Word document.

When do you folks capture these and at what level of detail? I'm finding that after an hour long meeting it is taking me about ~20 mins to break everything down into next actions, put them in the appropriate projects, and capture everything I'm waiting for from my employees. Is this normal? It doesn't seem necessary to keep track of each task assigned my employees (not true for all of them, tho).

Biggest problem: this kind of time doesn't exist in my schedule and so it doesn't quite get done.

Regards,
Rutilate