The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Missing Growl notifications with latest build? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I’ve just noticed that there’s only one notification in the Growl control panel, namely the “Mail notification”. Anyone else seeing the same thing?

Last edited by Giorgio Valoti; 2009-03-04 at 01:43 AM.. Reason: typo

That may be the result of installing Safari 4 beta.

Yes, you’re right. Uninstalling Safari 4 fixed the problem. Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giorgio Valoti View Post
Yes, you’re right. Uninstalling Safari 4 fixed the problem. Thank you!
I don't understand. I've got the Safari 4 beta installed and these are the notifications I see in Growl:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 1.jpg
Views:	1248
Size:	12.9 KB
ID:	886

Note that I did run into trouble with both the Clip-O-Tron 3000 and the OmniFocus Mail rule. It seems in both cases the service in question can't get access to the selected email content. Apparently, this has something to do with the Safari 4 beta and Apple Mail's use of WebKit for email rendering. So I've disabled both features in OmniFocus for now.

-Dennis

Last edited by Toadling; 2009-03-06 at 07:18 AM.. Reason: typo

Maybe it’s more complicated than that: on my MacBook, using Safari 4, kills Growl notifications; on my iMac everything is fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toadling View Post
I don't understand. I've got the Safari 4 beta installed and these are the notifications I see in Growl:

Attachment 886

Note that I did run into trouble with both the Clip-O-Tron 3000 and the OmniFocus Mail rule. It seems in both cases the service in question can't get access to the selected email content. Apparently, this has something to do with the Safari 4 beta and Apple Mail's use of WebKit for email rendering. So I've disabled both features in OmniFocus for now.

-Dennis
Ditto for me. Only notifications received are for Auto Backup Created. None of the others, which have same settings. I DO have Safari 4 Beta installed. Any ideas????

Have settings set the same for all notification. Not receivng any other than the Backup. Removed Safari 4 Beta. Still nothing. Any suggestions?

Looks like this is unrelated to Safari 4, so I'm pulling my previous suggestion.

I tried the following before Safari 4 had been installed, with it installed, and after I removed it from my 10.5.6 machine. Worked as expected in all cases.

Open OmniFocus 1.6
make new action that starts and is due 2 minutes into the future.
wait for the appointed time to roll around - see "Available" and "Overdue" notifications pop up in Growl for that action.

So, let's try and figure out why something different is happening on your machine. What OS are you running? What builds of OmniFocus and Growl? Does anything that appears to be related appear in the console?

Console.app can be found in the utilities subfolder of your applications folder. Launch it, select "Open Console Log" under the File menu, and then press the "Clear" button on the toolbar. Once you've done that, launch OmniFocus, add an action like I described above, and wait for it to become available/overdue.

Paste anything that appears in the window during this process into an email, send it to in a response to the support ticket you opened, and we'll see if we can determine what's going on here.

Last edited by Brian; 2009-04-16 at 11:33 AM.. Reason: Removed suggestion after Safari 4 exonerated. :-)