The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > Applying OmniFocus
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Context with multiply geolocations? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
With iOS5 new feature "Location Notification" it's very useful to be alarmed by OmniFocus for iPhone when getting certain place. But what if that place have multiply addresses? For example @Grocery shop: I have 4 grocery shops around my house and might be near one of them. Is it possible to set more then one location for context or maybe there is another workaround for this situation?
I know that I can set Google search result as a location, but Google isn't almighty and doesn't know every exact place, business, shop and so on.

Geolocation contexts are only useful for single locations. You might try setting up separate contexts for each grocery shop with a reminder to check the @grocer context? This could help get you in the habit of checking OmniFocus when you go to any grocer :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grail View Post
Geolocation contexts are only useful for single locations. You might try setting up separate contexts for each grocery shop with a reminder to check the @grocer context? This could help get you in the habit of checking OmniFocus when you go to any grocer :)
I can check OmniFocus on the way to the grocery shop without any location notification, it's obvious.
There are a lot of examples when context could have multi-locations: shops, car repairs, banks with departments in every part of the city and so on. In the such case location notifications would be more useful, especially if you often and randomly move throught the city.

We've got a feature request open on the ability to set multiple locations for a given context. I'll add your post to that item in our development database, vitvit2002, so the rest of the team will know you'd like to see this added. (The number of folks asking for a given change is one of the metrics we use when planning our work.)

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
I'll add your post to that item in our development database, so the rest of the team will know you'd like to see this added.
Thank you, Brian!
Looking forward to get this feature in OmniFocus.

+1 for this feature.

+1 for this feature.

Multiple locations for contexts (with notifications when near any of them) is the whole reason I switched to OF. It is now useless to me :-( Please please add!

Quote:
Originally Posted by madJeanne View Post
Multiple locations for contexts (with notifications when near any of them) is the whole reason I switched to OF. It is now useless to me :-( Please please add!
How can it be the whole reason, when it has never been present? If you feel that you were misled, Omni does offer a 30-day money-back guarantee.

+1 4 this too!