The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Acrobat 8.1 works in OW Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hey All,
Just a quick note that Acrobat 8.1 now works with Omniweb. You need to manually enable the plugin and then restart Omniweb after installing Acrobat 8.1 or reader 8.1.

Blake-

http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html

Great news! To those trying this out, make sure you enable the Adobe Viewer in the plug-ins preference pane if you've previously disabled it.

You also may need to turn off built-in PDF support if you enabled it with this terminal command:

defaults write com.omnigroup.OmniWeb5 WebKitOmitPDFSupport -bool TRUE

and set aside other PDF viewer plug-ins if you have any installed.

w00t! working here!

I'm not sure I care anymore. I put pdf files in my "safe" files list on OW, and I rather enjoy having all of Previews nice features available to me instantly after download is complete.

Plus, I think there is one very bad feature in Adobe Reader 8.1. At least on my Windoze machine at work, I can no longer select text as graphics. So, it is no longer possible for me to highlight a nicely rendered equation and paste it into another application as a graphic. This is a major drag since Windoze systematically butchers everything in clipboard, especially equations.

So, I still vote fore Preview over Adobe's increasingly creeping bloatware.

But, yes, it's good to know. :)

Payam

Hurrah! I have to have Acrobat Pro installed anyway, so this is a nice bugfix. Thanks for your care and attention to detail, Adobe.

I totally don't mean that in a sarcastic way. Really.