The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniPlan iCal export parent/child task names Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Our workgroup is using filters and the export to iCal feature to create task calendars for each team member--a seemingly useful idea, except.... We've noticed that in the export process, children become orphaned from the names assigned to their parent tasks. For example, the parent task name is "Ford Foundation Grant" and a child task is "check deadline;" the exported calendar task only shows as "check deadline" which doesn't really tell the team member what to check the deadline for. Is it actually necessary to hand type the parent name into each child task's name in order to see a calendared task in the end that says "Ford Foundation Grant check deadline"?! We've hunted around for a way to track the parent name through and can't seem to find any info. Thanks!

There isn't a easy way to add the parent name currently. We have a request open in our development database for this so I'll add a vote of interest to it for you.

Same thing here. add my vote

my vote too

Is this possible on the latest version? ability to see parent/child task names on export?