The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How do you manage multiple projects? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by skwirl View Post
Multi-project dashboard support is being planned ...

... We did create an Applescript that allows you to join two project files together....

http://www.omnigroup.com/applications/omniplan/extras/
Hi

I cannot find the Applescript. If the link changed, would you please post it again?

Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabienne View Post
Hi

I cannot find the Applescript. If the link changed, would you please post it again?

Thank you.
This script is no longer required. Now, you can simply select all the tasks in one project plan and copy/paste it into another project plan to merge the two. As long as you have named all of your resources identically in both projects (Bob in project 1 and project 2, not Bob in project 1 and Bobby in project 2) you won't accidentally double-up on resources after the merge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
I think there's an honest difference of opinion at work here. Omni uses OmniPlan for their own project management, if you read Ken's posts early in the thread. Presumably, if they found the current situation completely unworkable, they would have put more effort into addressing it. It also isn't accurate to imply that they've just been sitting around twiddling their thumbs for the last 5 or 6 years.

Are there other products out there that provide this functionality?

You can also take the approach of putting everything in one massive document. Far from perfect, but if having that overall view is the most important consideration, you may have to do that if OmniPlan is the tool you are going to use now.
FastTrack does it (at least they did when I used to use it).