The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

New built in perspectives in latest sneaky peek Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
If these are being added to match the view on iPhone app, I think a few of them are slightly off .

shouldn't the projects perspective sort by folder first instead of un-grouped?

shouldn't " due soon " sort by " ungrouped " , " due " and " due soon "

shouldn't " flagged " sort by ungrouped, project and remaining ?

just my .02, I think it would be truer to the iPhone menus .

We tweaked these a bunch this afternoon, please keep letting us know any feedback though!

(and I think we got most of the changes you saw, but I'll double check in the morning)

They do seem to be off. The "Due Soon" perspective on the iPhone is labelled "Due" on the Desktop, and the number of items don't match for me. Maybe it's my iPhone settings?

The Desktop "Due" is merely identical to the Desktop "Overdue."

My iPhone "Due Soon" has no items at all in it, and this definitely doesn't match the 5 items showing in the "Due" Perspective on my Desktop.

Thanks for looking into this, OG folks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmas View Post
We tweaked these a bunch this afternoon, please keep letting us know any feedback though!

(and I think we got most of the changes you saw, but I'll double check in the morning)

I think it's almost there , but on the iphone " flagged " seems to sort by " un-grouped " flagged and then due date .
The mac version sorts the perspective by context first .

probably just splitting hairs but there is a difference .

OK, I think I sort of get it.

The "Due" Perspective on the desktop shows:

Due within the last 3 months
Due within the last week
Due tomorrow
No due date

The "Due Soon" Perspective on the iPhone just shows upcoming due tasks (according to a number of days specified in Settings on the iPhone).

I used the "snapshot" icon on the Perspectives menu to tweak both the "Due" and the "Overdue" Perspectives to my satisfaction.

Success!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ext555 View Post
I think it's almost there , but on the iphone " flagged " seems to sort by " un-grouped " flagged and then due date .
The mac version sorts the perspective by context first .

probably just splitting hairs but there is a difference .
On the desktop since we don't currently have a context column when in context mode we decided that sorting by context was essential so that you could see what the assigned context was for each action.

yes I wish it could be that way on the phone actually , maybe in time it will . Quite happy with iPhone app just looking forward to bonjour.

While you're at it, could we have toolbar icons for the "Completed Items" and "All Items" perspectives?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bashosfrog View Post
While you're at it, could we have toolbar icons for the "Completed Items" and "All Items" perspectives?
Sure... any idea of what you want the icon to look like?

I suppose a tick should feature on the "Completed Items" icon. You've got me foxed on the "All Items" icon, though. Maybe the word "ALL"?