The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Configuring built-in perspectives Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
With the new default perspectives in 1.5, is there a way to configure them?

I'd like to configure the context mode to show only Available tasks, but can't seem to find a way. Any time I hit the big context button on the toolbar, it shows all remaining items.

Alternately, any way to create a button that acts like the Context mode but shows only available tasks works for me.

Just configure the perspective as you like, then save it as a custom perspective. You can configure the toolbar to include custom perspectives. You can use the perspectives window to add an icon to the custom perspective.

Curt

Thanks, that gets me almost all the way there. I've created a perspective, saved it, given it a custom icon, but am completely lost on how to add it to the toolbar.

I've tried Customize Toolbar, and dragging the perspective from the Perspectives window there, but the toolbar doesn't seem to accept the drag. I can't see anything in the Customize sheet that would let me put in a bug for a specific Perspective. What am I missing?

Update: Found it. The perspective was there all the time in the Customize sheet, but buried in the list of icons and my eyes glossed over it.

Last edited by AlanShutko; 2008-12-02 at 11:29 AM..