The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Enter key preference - decouple from notes Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
There's a user preference for behavior of the Return key.

I'd like an analogous preference for the Enter key. At the present, the Enter key jumps between an outline row and the corresponding note (either inline or in the note pane).

Since I can't seem to break my strong habit from FileMaker of clicking Enter to commit the text I just entered, I'd prefer to have Enter do something innocuous (e.g., select the current row) or do nothing at all.

We have plans to allow full keyboard customization in OO4 so then you would be able to map the enter key to that option (it's currently the esc key).