The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Wanted: Send Selected Contexts to Email Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I would love to be able to send selected actions to email.

Here are some uses:

+ You want to share a context with a person. For example, I have a people context for each person that reports to me. This would be a handy way to share all of my "Mary" agenda items with Mary.

+ Send your mobile actions to an email. . . this would enable you to send your mobile contexts to an email which you could pick up with your iphone.

One day, I need to learn to applescript!

Does copy & paste not meet the need ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobTrew View Post
Does copy & paste not meet the need ?
Not really as it just put the Task text in. Would like to see due data and related project.

Thanks,

George

Copy and Paste doesn't meet the need for these two reasons:

1) It would be helpful if there was some sort of structure such as:

Home Depot
Buy this [bathroom project]
Buy that [deck project]
Target
Buy this [bathroom project]
Buy that [deck project]
when you copy and paste everything is flattened. In an ideal world, the due dates would be copied.

2) I want to automate this-- for example at 3:00 ical triggers a script to email a certain perspective. I can then pick it up on my iphone.

Last edited by steve; 2007-09-25 at 12:20 PM..

The core of the code could be adapted from this earlier post.

A first draft, which builds an email from the contexts (or projects, in project view) which are selected in the left-hand sidebar.

Last edited by RobTrew; 2011-07-05 at 07:46 AM..

Rob,

Thank you SO much. The script is wonderful. This is really going to help me. I'm fortunate to have an iphone— I can now send my "portable" NA's in an email and pick this up remotely. I really appreciate your contribution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobTrew View Post
A first draft, which builds an email from the contexts (or projects, in project view) which are selected in the left-hand sidebar.
Without having looked at this code, it seems like its a perfect candidate for using a perspective to do this automatically for you, rather than just the ones that are selected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmas View Post
Without having looked at this code, it seems like its a perfect candidate for using a perspective to do this automatically for you, rather than just the ones that are selected.
I think the existing script will work OK regardless of whether the sub-set of contexts is selected by direct CMD-clicking, or by choice of perspective.

A script which offers a list of perspectives, and then sends a text version of the selected perspective straight to Mail without further ado would certainly be an elegant approach, though possibly less flexible than the existing script - It would work smoothly with existing perspectives, but would also preclude assembling ad hoc sets of contexts on the fly.

You may, however, be suggesting one or more single-shot scripts of the form "Send perspective X to Mail", and I can see why that approach might well be useful.

Last edited by RobTrew; 2007-09-30 at 01:54 AM..

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve View Post
I would love to be able to send selected actions to email.
Have a look at my script, presented on this thread.
I plan to update it soon to allow the sending of more than one task at a time.