The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Mail Integration -vs- Mail Signatures Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
That's exactly it - you aren't sitting at OmniFocus, but you've just had a flash of insight or a phone call or whatever and now you've got something you want to add to your inbox or an existing project.

For extra coolness, consider the possibilities here -- you're driving down the road, have that brilliant thought or panicked realization, you command your phone to dial up Jott, you dictate a message that gets converted to email to you, and the next time you're at OmniFocus/Mail it automagically appears in your inbox or project...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeowGal View Post
Hi Dennis -- can you please give an example where this would be useful?
Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
That's exactly it - you aren't sitting at OmniFocus, but you've just had a flash of insight or a phone call or whatever and now you've got something you want to add to your inbox or an existing project.
Yes, that's how I use it too, mainly from my iPhone. As things pop into my head, I just email them to myself, frequently several at a time in single email message (a new action is create for each line beginning with "--").

Then, when I get back to my desk, the actions get automatically moved from Mail to OmniFocus' inbox. It's nothing I couldn't do manually, but it's a nice little touch that makes the process that much easier.

Of course, all of this becomes virtually obsolete when OmniFocus for the iPhone ships. At that point, I don't imagine I'll email too many actions anymore since I pretty much have my iPhone with me at all times.

-Dennis