The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > Community > Omni Lounge
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniFocus iCloud Capture on iPhone 4 Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I understand why folks want this, and if folks do manage to get it working on the hardware they purchased, that's their business.

That said, encouraging folks to do something that voids the warranty on their hardware is not something we endorse or support. We're not going to shut down the thread or think less of anyone that participates, but we also aren't going to offer any sort of support or assistance.

Once you modify your system beyond the bounds of the configuration it was designed to function in, you're in "on your own" territory. Moving this to the Omni Lounge so there's no confusion between the discussion going on here and the official support channels.

For people that are having trouble getting this working, try turning on the debugsirioverride switch as well. It seemed to work without this before, but with the latest update I seem to need both Siri keys turned on to make things work.

Thanks for the heads up and the thread move, Brian. Luckily, my manufacturer warranty has already expired, and my 3rd party warranty covers jailbroken devices, but I agree that for most folks jailbreaking is unnecessary and risky. I wouldn't expect Omni to provide any support (tech, moral, or otherwise) for this.

Editing this file makes the app hang for me, for some reason. I'm using iFile - any tips you have on getting this working are appreciated. And yes, I am changing both keys to "true"
O! Omnipotent OmniGods, please forgive us for this thread. We simply cannot wait for our upgrade to the New iPhone ;-) for this essential feature.

<key>DebugEnableSiriOverride</key>
* * * * <true/>
* * * * <key>DebugForecastController</key>
* * * * <false/>
* * * * <key>DebugSiriCapture</key>
* * * * <true/>

No idea. Can you be more specific with the word "hang"?

iCloud capture becomes available - awesome! - but after any activity shortly thereafter such as drilling into a few contexts causes the app to freeze, and then crash.
Setting the keys to their default state seems not to rectify it either, I can't just "go back." I had to delete and re-install it. Perhaps I should try again, but it's happened twice now. Any ideas?

This may be due to a recent change on Apple's side that produces an iCloud Capture bug (see Omni's recent tweets about the problem). Nothing to do with OF iPhone, iFile, JB, or tweaking the .plist. Everyone (JB or not) has been asked to turn off iCloud capture for this reason until the updated OF iPhone app gets approved (they submitted it Wednesday and it still hasn't gotten through Apple). Once the new app is out, I expect we'll be able to turn iCloud capture back on again.

it works for me, thanks!

But i like to Sync not from iCloud reminder list, but from my Exchange task list as described in:

http://tobolaski.com/blog/2012/addin...-from-windows/

Is there a way to enable Capture Reminders instead of iCloud Reminders?

Sorry it took me so long to see your post, Aurora. I don't know how, but I saw a YouTube proof-of-concept video the other day that had a guy running a script that imported from Reminders (on OSX) to OmniFocus. Here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jcfESHP2hQ

Omni - if you are listening - please could you enable this for all iPhones? There doesn't seem much reason for hiding it by default. I don't use or need Siri, but I do use the Meetings app to record meeting agenda items and sync them to Reminders. It would be great if Omnifocus could import these.

I don't really want to jailbreak just for this!