The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Lost favicons Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi All,

I flushed my cache today and since then, I cannot see any favicon for any site I connect to. I saw a refernce for "some favicons not showing up" in the release notes of sp1, but since I am using sp4, I wasn't sure whether it was related or not...

Corentin

Yeeppee!!! I reached 30 posts and I am now considered a "member" :)

Corentin

This is still an issue in Sneaky Peek 4 and it is on the list of things to fix. Stay tuned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by troyb
This is still an issue in Sneaky Peek 4 and it is on the list of things to fix. Stay tuned!

Thanks for the info Troy,

The SP5 Release Notes list this known issue:
"Favicons not displaying correctly."
Yet I see the new "OMNI" favicon in this forum using SP5. Are there aspects of favicons that are still broken?

I don't see it (the favicon here) and as far as I'm aware, I never have.

I believe favicons will appear if you have them cached from 5.1.3, new ones wont show up though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by troyb
I believe favicons will appear if you have them cached from 5.1.3, new ones wont show up though.
That's it. I accidentally launched 5.1.3 (after my first SP5 crash), and my Omni Forums workspace opened, grabbing the favicon.

Sorry to raise false hope that favicons had returned to 5.5sp5.